National Marine Mammal Data Portal
Collecting, sharing, exploring to inform marine mammal conservation and policy.
The Australian Marine Mammal Centre has developed database applications to support marine mammal conservation and policy initiatives. These applications:
- provide the public with summarised information on the biology of Australian marine mammals;
- facilitate data-driven management and conservation decisions;
- collate, protect and archive data;
- assisting with reporting obligations to the International Whaling Commission and under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act
- encouraging and facilitating collaboration, analysis and reporting.